Friday, 22 August 2014

Friday Favourites #3

It has been just over a week since comic genius, Robin Williams left this world.

It's not often that a death of a celebrity hits me so hard. I honestly felt numb upon hearing the news. 
That night the tears would not stop pouring from my eyes. But, why?

Learning that Robin was suffering from depression, and had for some time just proves that depression can affect anyone, no matter how famous. This hit so close to home due to events in my past. 

While Friday Favourites isn't meant to be a place of sadness, I really just needed to get that off my chest. I grew up watching his movies, and some just happen to be my all-time favourites - ones which I can watch over and over again. Now, I'll watch them with a tinge of sadness in my heart. 

So, in honour of Robin Williams, here is a list of my favourite movies starring the man himself:

Mrs Doubtfire 

One Hour Photo

Good Will Hunting

Aladdin

The Birdcage

Jack

Good Morning, Vietnam 

Plus any of his stand up comedy - the man was so talented, whether he was playing another character,
doing a voice for animations or just being himself on the stage.

He will be greatly missed.

RIP Robin Williams 



No comments:

Post a Comment