Saturday, 9 August 2014

Smoothie Saturday #1


Smoothies based off the flavours of chocolate bars may just be one of my favourite ways to start the day. The cocoa powder and coconut milk do a wonderful job of masking those pesky bananas, much to the delight of my taste buds. 

While I try and train myself to like bananas, it is smoothies like this vegan bounty smoothie that helps me get a decent amount of calories in one meal. 



Ingredients

400g Frozen Bananas
2/3 Cup Homemade Coconut Milk (recipe coming soon)
2 tsp Cocoa Powder
Water, up to the 1L line




Directions

Add all the ingredients to your blender, filling it with enough water to the 1 litre line
Pulse your blender to break up the frozen banana and then run on high-medium speed until smooth

Makes 1 serve (1 litre)




Macros per serve

418 calories
6.5g protein
6.4g fat
96.6g carbs
49.4g sugar
13.1g fibre


Which chocolate bar do you want to see in smoothie form next?

No comments:

Post a Comment