Saturday, 11 October 2014

Smoothie Saturday #10

Now that I am a high carb vegan I just don't feel the need to drink coffee. I have so much natural energy from my usual morning smoothie that I always start the day energetically.

I have, however, made an exception for today's recipe. This Banoffee Smoothie is a high carb, low fat vegan smoothie version of a banoffee pie which traditional contains bananas, coffee, caramel/topping and lashings of cream.

If you're struggling to remove caffeine from your diet, this smoothie can be used to make the transition a little easier. Use frozen bananas to get more of a frappuccino consistency, and, over time, gradually reduce the amount of coffee you add.




Ingredients

500g Bananas
1 Shot of Espresso, cooled
1 Cup Homemade Almond Milk
8-10 Drops SweetLeaf English Toffee Liquid Stevia
Water




Directions

Add everything, except the espresso, to a blender and pulse until smooth
Pour into a big glass, then add the espresso, stirring it through

Makes 1 serve


Macros

448 calories
5.5g protein
1.7g fat
114.7g carbs
61.2g sugar
13g fibre






No comments:

Post a Comment