Friday 26 September 2014

Friday Favourites #8

If my confession on Tattoo Tuesday about my love of Phil Collins was no indication, I am a fan of all 80s and 90s music.

One of my all-time favourite Australian acts is Jimmy Barnes. Growing up listening to Cold Chisel and his solo work has continued as I've gotten older. 

Jimmy is rock royalty, and still producing quality music to this day. 

A couple of months ago I pre-ordered his new album, 30:30 Hindsight, which meant my name was printed on the booklet accompanying the CD set and it was signed by Jimmy, himself.
It's a little something special to hold on to.








The 3 CD & 1 DVD set contains one CD dedicated to songs Jimmy re-recorded with some of Australia's biggest musicians, along with some international acts. Discs 2 and 3 are a back catalogue of Jimmy's greatest hits. The DVD contains all the music videos from his solo career. 




Jimmy's songs are classics for a reason, and the new renditions are a reminder of that. There's musical collaborations you've been waiting to hear, and others which might surprise you.

My two favourite songs from the album are "Good Times" with Keith Urban and "I'd Die To Be With You Tonight" with Diesel.

If you're a Jimmy Barnes, Cold Chisel, or simply a rock music fan, this is one album you should add to your collection.

30:30 Hindsight is now available online and at all good music stores. 

Jimmy is going on tour. For a list of tour dates, click here

Social Media Links

Website - https://www.jimmybarnes.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/jimmybarnesofficial
Twitter - @JimmyBarnes



No comments:

Post a Comment