Friday, 29 August 2014

Friday Favourites #4


What am I loving this week? Mission Foods Black Bean & Chipotle Salsa. 
You've seen this salsa in a past What I Ate Wednesday post, as I've been enjoying it for a couple of months now. 


The entire range of Mission salsas are top quality - I find them more authentic than other brands in the supermarket. They're made with such simple ingredients that pack a punch. 

Unlike some salsa, this brand is relatively low in sodium, so that if I want more than 1 serving size, my sodium intake for the day will still be low. Considering I don't actively go for sodium enhanced foods it's not something I worry about, rather I just like to be aware of how much added sodium I do consume. 

Sadly I've noticed that some stores are putting the Mission Foods salsa on clearance, so I always stock up when I can. My goal is to develop the best homemade dupe of it if I can no longer find it in stores (I'll be sure to post it here once the recipe is perfected). 


I love to dip roasted potatoes in the salsa, top a huge bowl of rice with it, or mix it with a couple of cans of diced tomatoes to make a rich, spicy pasta sauce.

If you're deciding whether or not to go vegan, remember that a meal doesn't need to be covered in melted cheese to taste great. I find that having a good, flavour-rich salsa, along with fresh produce really sets off any homemade Mexican dish.


You can find Mission salsa (and their other products) in Coles and Woolworths supermarkets.


Website - http://missionfoods.com.au/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/missionfoodsau

No comments:

Post a Comment