Friday 12 September 2014

Friday Favourites #6

Today's focus for Friday Favourites is unlike anything I've featured on the blog so fast. 
5 Dollar Wrestling is the brainchild of Highspots, with professional wrestler, Colt Cabana and comedian, Marty Derosa providing commentary for wrestling so bad, it's good.

If your family think you're crazy for enjoying wrestling in the first place, 5 Dollar Wrestling will have them wondering where they went wrong with raising you; perhaps that's just my parents. 

Living in a house with no cable television, I don't watch much wrestling these days. Like with my music choices, I tend to watch old wrestling PPVs from my DVD collection. 5 Dollar Wrestling is the exception to this, as at just five dollars, it's cheap entertainment. 

Over the past four years I've amassed the entire collection of 5 Dollar Wrestling downloads and watched each more times than I can remember. Some things are just so terribly humorous that they get funnier each time your watch them. 




My Top 5, 5 Dollar Wrestling titles:

If a wrestler being forced to announce all the matches while wearing a dress isn't painful enough to watch, the Lego match will bring tears to your eyes. 

Watch a man light himself on fire and (unsuccessfully) attack his opponent.

Wolf Man and Dyn-O-Mite battle in a match where they're both meant to lose; a stipulation just as confusing to them as it is to the crowd. 

The event where miraculously all the wrestlers escaped without broken necks.  

This event during WrestleMania weekend has exploded since it began, but nothing has managed to top the match where a kid throws a chair at a wrestler. It's far funnier than it sounds - download this immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment