Saturday, 20 September 2014

Smoothie Saturday #7

Today's recipe is a recreation of one of my most popular recipes from my other blog, Stacie Michelle.  This recipe for a Choc Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie is still doing the rounds on Pinterest. It was from a time when I thought a high protein, low carb diet was the way to go; boy was I wrong.

This time around I'm skipping the protein powder and packing in the carbs. Banana power FTW!

I am still, however, keeping the peanut flour because it gives the smoothie it's creaminess, with much less than fat than traditional peanut butter. 








Ingredients

600g Bananas
3 tsp Peanut Flour
2-3 tsp Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Homemade Coconut Milk
Water (to the top of the blender)


Directions

Chuck everything into the blender and pulse until smooth

Makes 1 serve 


Macros

607 calories
12.5g protein
6g fat
146.8g carbs
74.5g sugar
21g fibre



No comments:

Post a Comment